Terms and Conditions
for Euveris GmbH
§ 1 Scope – Subject matter – Contracting party
(1) The GTC apply to participation in all educational measures offered and carried out by Euveris GmbH (hereinafter called Euveris), such as congresses, conferences, courses, seminars, workshops, trainings (hereinafter referred to as “event”), including all related goods and services unless otherwise agreed – for example under special conditions.
(2) The legal provider of the offers by Euveris and the sole contracting partner of all services is Euveris GmbH, represented by the managing director Christoph Brauner, Erna-Berger-Straße 7, 10117 Berlin, registered at the AG Charlottenburg, HRB 159802 B.
(3) Euveris provides its services exclusively to entrepreneurs in accordance with § 14 BGB, legal persons under public law as well as to special funds under public law (hereinafter referred to as “customer”), which alone become contractual partners of Euveris and registered persons (“Participants”) do not become contract partners of Euveris. The offer is not intended for consumers.
(4) These terms and conditions apply exclusively; Euveris does not recognize any conflicting or deviating terms and conditions of the customer unless Euveris has expressly agreed to their validity in writing. These terms and conditions shall also apply if Euveris, in the knowledge of terms and conditions of the customer that conflict with or deviate from the terms and conditions, render the service to the customer unconditionally.
§ 2 Offer – Registration – Conclusion of contract
(1) The customer can register for booking via the Internet, post, fax, or e-mail. The booking is deemed to have been accepted, and the contract becomes legally binding if Euveris expressly accepts the customer’s registration or does not declare a written rejection within seven days of receipt of the fully completed and signed booking form. At the latest, however, the contract is concluded upon receipt of the full event price for the event on the account of Euveris. Besides, the customer will, in any case, receive a confirmation e-mail from Euveris.
(2) Applications are always considered in the order in which they were received. If an application can not be considered, this will be communicated immediately.
§ 3 Service of Euveris
(1) The content, extent, duration, and other details of the event and the service can be found in the publications published by Euveris or on the website of the event.
(2) The event price is per person and event date. It includes – as far as announced – lunches and refreshments, digital conference documentation, evening reception/event, access to the purchased conference packages. A hotel accommodation / overnight stay/arrival is not owed.
§ 4 Event Price and Fees – Terms of Payment – Offsetting
(1) Unless otherwise agreed, the event price stated in the publications for the events applies. Besides, Euveris calculates additional charges for additional services (eg, rewriting invoices, sending invoices by post, etc.) according to the seizure, according to the price list published on the Euveris website at the time the contract was concluded. All prices are exclusive of VAT applicable on the day of invoicing.
(2) The customer is obliged to pay the agreed event price as well as any additional charges in advance, that is before the start of an event. Invoices are due for payment immediately upon receipt without any deductions. Invoices are sent electronically. The customer will be in default no later than seven days after the due date. If the customer is in default of payment, Euveris is entitled to default interest i.H.v. 8% above the base rate of the European Central Bank p.a. to promote. If Euveris proves higher default damage, this can be claimed.
(3) Installment payments are accepted only as an exception and only by special written agreement. Payments are made only on account or by cashless transfer or credit card. Cash or payments by check/change are accepted only upon prior agreement with the Euveris.
(4) Offsetting by the customer is only possible with claims that have been legally established, recognized by Euveris or linked to the main claim of Euveris in a synallagmatic manner.
§ 5 Cancellation of the customer – cancellation
(1) Cancellations must be made in writing or in text form. If you cancel your participation up to 30 days before the start of the event, a processing fee of 249,00 € plus VAT will be due immediately. The event price remaining after clearing the processing fee will be reimbursed. For cancellations up to two weeks before the start of the event 50% of the event price and any additional fees plus VAT are due. In case of no-show or cancellation later than two weeks before the date of the event, the entire event price and any additional fees plus VAT are due. The customer is free to prove that Euveris suffered no or minor damage. Euveris will gladly accept a replacement participant instead of the initially registered participant at no additional charge.
(2) A partial/daily withdrawal from an event as well as the announcement of (half) day replacement participants is not possible.
(3) If the event price, including any additional fees, is not paid on the day of the event or if the payment can not be demonstrated, the participant can be excluded from the event. Nevertheless, the event price is due immediately and will be enforced by Euveris in the dunning procedure or in court.
§ 6 Resignation/changes of the organizer/exclusion Participation of the event
(1) Euveris shall be entitled to rescind the contract for a good cause, irrespective of any other reason, in particular if:
• there are not enough applications for an event;
• the event must be canceled for reasons not attributable to Euveris (eg, force majeure, strike, prevention of a speaker, disruption to the venue).
In the cases mentioned above, already paid participation fees will be fully refunded. Customers are informed early by Euveris. The cancellation due to insufficient registrations is not later than two weeks before the event.
(2) The participants are not entitled to compensation for damages in these cases unless such costs arise due to grossly negligent or intentional behavior on the part of Euveris or its vicarious agents. Euveris undertakes to do everything reasonable in the event of performance disruptions to help correct or limit the disruption. If travel expenses are reimbursed in some instances out of goodwill, this is an exception.
(3) Euveris reserves the right to substitute announced speakers for others and to make any necessary changes in the program of events or relocation of the venue while preserving the overall character of the event as required.
§ 7 Copyright, data protection, and lists
(1) Should any document/material be handed over during the event, these are protected by copyright. Reproduction, transfer or other commercial use and / or commercial exploitation of the documents – even in part – is only permitted with the express written consent of Euveris. The participants are not allowed to make any other photo, sound, and / or video recordings of the events without the expressly written consent of Euveris. Euveris reserves all rights.
(2) The names of the participants and names of the customers, along with their addresses, can be made available to the other event participants by the (weg) Euveris via the list of participants and sent to the company responsible for the mail order plus the corresponding address data. Customers and / or participants are not entitled to the publication of the list of participants of the event visited.
§ 8 Liability
(1) The events are carefully prepared and conducted by qualified speakers. Euveris assumes no liability for the timeliness, accuracy, and completeness concerning the conference documents and the performance of the event and / or other content of the events, unless intentional or grossly negligent fault of the Euveris or a vicarious agent exists.
(2) The liability of Eurveris for contractual breaches of duty and tort is limited to prejudice and gross negligence. This does not apply to injury to life, body and health of the participant, to claims for breach of cardinal obligations, and other obligations that arise from the nature of the contract and whose violation endangers the achievement of the purpose of the contract and the compensation for damages caused by default (§ 286 BGB). In that regard, Euveris is liable for any degree of fault. As far as damage is concerned, which does not result from injury to the life, body, and health of the customer, Euveris is only liable for the typically occurring damage.
§ 9 Place of Performance – Choice of Law – Jurisdiction – Miscellaneous
(1) Unless otherwise stated in the contract, the place of payment is the registered office of Euveris in Berlin. Place of fulfillment is Berlin.
(2) The law of the Federal Republic of Germany applies to this contract. The application of the UN Sales Convention is excluded.
(3) The exclusive place of jurisdiction for contracts with business people, legal entities under public law or special funds under public law is the court having jurisdiction over our place of business. Euveris is also entitled to sue the customer at his general place of jurisdiction.
(4) Legally relevant declarations and advertisements, which the customer has to submit to Euveris or a third party, must be in writing unless stipulated otherwise in these GTC.
As of June 2018